For those of us in the southern states, particularly where there are a lot of trees and topography, we lose sight of the Big Dipper in winter and Cassiopeia becomes more prevalent. Vice versa in the summer. I know it is still very much winter up north, nonetheless, it’s nice seeing the days getting longer […]
Archive | Master Woodsman RSS feed for this section
Hey Foks, Here is a quick news update. On Tuesday, Feb. 19: Author Mark Warren, director of Medicine Bow Wilderness School, will be at the University of Georgia in Athens to discuss his recently published memoir Two Winters in a Tipi. The event will be held at 3 p.m. in the 5th floor Reading Room of the Miller […]
I really have a love/hate relationship doing this website. While it is full of relevant information and a great medium in which to encourage folks to get to get to the field, it also means I was sitting in front of box typing this, and you are now sitting in front of a box reading […]
I was in Central America last August and ran across this plaza in El Salvador dedicated to Lord Robert Baden-Powell. I thought those that have an appreciation for the history of Boy Scouts would enjoy. Also, many thanks to my friend Joe Flowers; I made the trek to Santa Ana and took an amazing tour he […]
Attention: This site will be under ongoing construction. We appreciate your patience and suggestions are always welcome.
There is a push for conservation in the Red Hills of Kansas. To most people this is perhaps meaningless. To me it is home and it is where my heart is. As such I’ll lend a hand in spreading the word to as many as will read it. You see, there is no place like […]
“I do not claim that my way is the only way, nor am I rash enough to claim it is the best way. But it is my way, and if any one will follow it, he will be as comfortable and as well suited as I am, which is at least better than going it […]
Calling all Woodsmen! The time has come for a better way to deliver information. What kind of information? Well, all of it! Primitive skills to modern camping and everything in between. In a more organized environment. Just a better learning experience all around for the end user. You see, we are just sharing information on […]
Search This Site
- Survival Entertainment, Friend or Foe? An exclusive interview with Cody Lundin June 26, 2014
- Leave No Trace killed Woodcraft… almost March 2, 2015
- Steven Miles Watts March 22, 2016
- Promoting Outdoor Living Skills January 2, 2015
- Your Guide To Survival Using A Trash Bag June 25, 2013
- Todd R Mendenhall: A great article, Moris doesn't get the credit he ...
- Christian Noble: And speaking of E.T. Seton, his grand daughter Jul...
- Christian Noble: Try finding Chad via Facebook...
- Bill Cameron: Fine article, the non-barrel knife Swedish was off...
- RoS lover: Thanks man for this great sharing related to RoS....