Today’s common Fresnel lens, and the one a Woodsman should carry, is a super-thin business card sized piece of plastic. Based on the 1822 lens design by French physicist Augustin-Jean Fresnel, it was originally intended for lighthouses, hence it’s larger aperture, shorter focal length and much thinner design compared to conventional lenses. For a lighthouse, […]
Tag Archives | Tinder
That Fresnel Lens in Your Survival Kit
By Christian Noble on May 14, 2013 in Firecraft, Master Woodsman, Survival Kit, Wilderness Survival
The Tinder Bundle
By Christian Noble on May 14, 2013 in Firecraft, Flora, Primitive Skills, Wilderness Survival
For fire and its continuation (chain reaction) three components need to come together: heat, fuel and oxygen. So many folks into Outdoor Living Skills focus on the ignition or heat source. While obviously a critical component, the other two-thirds are equally important… So let’s put ugly on the table. Can’t tell you how many […]
Search This Site
Search this site using the custom search bar below to find anything here
- Survival Entertainment, Friend or Foe? An exclusive interview with Cody Lundin June 26, 2014
- Leave No Trace killed Woodcraft… almost March 2, 2015
- Steven Miles Watts March 22, 2016
- Promoting Outdoor Living Skills January 2, 2015
- Your Guide To Survival Using A Trash Bag June 25, 2013
- Why the GBS with Kochanski and Wescott | Master Woodsman: […] first conversation is a podcast with Mor...
- Kent: The link is no longer working...
- Ross Hinter: Thank you Chris, excellent article. Sure looking f...
- Randy Clark: Can't believe I found this website. I only came ...
- Chad Thomas Colorado: Looking foreword to it!!! I have learned so many s...
bug repellent bushcraft campcraft Campfire Camping classic camping cody lundin david wescott fire Firecraft flora flower pot mountain guide to survival gypsy jack hiking Homespun horace kephart Joe Flowers knife Knifecraft leathercraft mark warren Master Woodsman Master Woodsman Training modern survival mors kochanski outdoor survival permaculture primitive skills punkwood self reliance steve watts survival survival gear survival kit survival tips Tim Smith Tinder Tinder Bundle tree id Wilderness wilderness survival Winter Camping woodcraft Woodsman