“In God we trust, everyone else bring data” As humans in our current society, our lives are very much data driven, everything backed up by science. There was a time however, when man had to rely purely on observation and what today we call folklore. Well that folklore is based on something, and it can be […]
Tag Archives | Woodsman
The Jumping Off Place: The Relationship of Outdoor Skills and Camping to the Concept of Wilderness by Tom Ray
Recently I have been thinking about the connections among outdoor skills, camping and the concept of “wilderness.” What are these connections and what do they mean for those of us that enjoy practicing a wide variety of outdoor skills (for lack of a better catch-all term), including Bushcraft, Woodsmanship, Woodcraft, or whatever they may be […]
I made the video below 3 years ago. Since that time, and for many years prior, nothing has changed for me in how I collect and treat water in the backcountry for biological pathogens. And when I say collect, it is more than just dipping my bottle or pot in a creek, there is […]
When it comes to survival in the wilderness, a trash bag in your emergency kit could be a lifesaver for you and your family. This article is your guide to survival for it’s use as an environmental layer to your clothing and much more! “Your clothing is the most important survival tool you have. Dress properly […]
Saw this on Cody Lundin’s Blog and it was too interesting to see MSN’s take on Top Ten Survival Vacations not to repost here. See link… TOP TEN SURVIVAL VACATIONS I have taken numerous “vacations” with some top instructors including several with Lundin, and I have to agree, Cody is absolutely one of the best! […]
Most of us have been there… on that nature walk with a local expert who points out 20 or so different trees and plants giving them a brief description while you feverishly take notes. The notes will last, informing you about that tree; and you may have even have snapped a picture or pressed a […]
Search This Site
- Survival Entertainment, Friend or Foe? An exclusive interview with Cody Lundin June 26, 2014
- Leave No Trace killed Woodcraft… almost March 2, 2015
- Steven Miles Watts March 22, 2016
- Promoting Outdoor Living Skills January 2, 2015
- Edible Wild Plants for Survival, (Not) So Fast! August 16, 2014
- Joe Mezick: I absolutely AGREE with Cody - well written!...
- : You sound like a bitch...
- Colin Lane: Chris... this article brings back great memori...
- Wesley: Well, compared to someone who writes anonymously a...
- Jon mathroe: Steve was one of a few that could teach you and yo...