Be sure to pick up your copy of the latest edition of the American Frontiersman magazine available on newsstands now. In this issue, Watts and Wescott spend some time explaining the renewed interest in camping in the classic style and those involved – especially the Acorn Patrol – learn more about them on pinterest. Camping In […]
Archive | December, 2014
Several species of birds, and even squirrels, make for great early warning systems in the woods (and home) if you know how to listen and watch. Like a pebble thrown into a pool of still water with ever extending concentric rings, a disturbance in the forest does the same thing, only it is the birds […]
Steve Watts turned me on to this Finnish blog, Perkele’s. As I am booking flights today to attend my first SHOT SHOW next month, the timing couldn’t be better. Posts like this from the heart are good for keeping you grounded when it comes to gear… Again today i got to thinking about this never […]
See below for the Kamp Kephart 2015 class schedule taught by Steve Watts at the Schiele Museum of Natural History in Gastonia, NC. Space is limited so sign up quick! To download the registration form in PDF, click here >>—> Kamp Kephart 15. Just look at everything offered. I want to do all of it. […]
A front from the far north was coming with several inches of snow. The camp-fire’s glow felt good under the parachute-shelter as afternoon temperatures started to sink here in Alberta, Canada. I was a happy man, the guest of my good friends, Randy and Lori Breeuwsma. Another good friend, Joe Flowers, and several of the […]
“A thing is right when it tends to preserve the integrity, stability, and beauty of the biotic community. It is wrong when it tends otherwise.” — Aldo Leopold, 1948. A Sand County Almanac. Free Online Course About Leopold Have you heard of a MOOC? It stands for Massive Open Online Course, and the University of Wisconsin-Madison […]
Search This Site
- Survival Entertainment, Friend or Foe? An exclusive interview with Cody Lundin June 26, 2014
- Leave No Trace killed Woodcraft… almost March 2, 2015
- Steven Miles Watts March 22, 2016
- Promoting Outdoor Living Skills January 2, 2015
- Your Guide To Survival Using A Trash Bag June 25, 2013
- Ric l Carter: Same here in the north west. Skin so Soft has been...
- James A. Ritchie: Practicing at home is a must, but so is going into...
- Charles Begin: Awesome article Chris! Great job of putting togeth...
- Leave No Trace Camping; The Harmful Side Effects - Soft Tracks: […] across a great article from masterwoodsm...
- Prepper Basics – Priority #1: Heat – Through My Lens…: […] Download for yourself a chart that shows...