This year’s Horace Kephart Days Celebration will be held October 10th and 11th at the Cradle of Forestry in the Pisqah National Forest (western North Carolina). Keep checking the website, HoraceKephart – An American Legend and their FaceBook page for updates. This will be a great opportunity to join Steve Watts and the Acorn Classic Camping Demonstration team from the Schiele Museum too. Hope to see you […]
Archive | August, 2014
There are very few things in this world outside of breathing, eating, etc. that I feel I need to do. Of those few, one of them is carrying a knife. I know I am not the only one, many of you reading this feel just like me. Perhaps it’s in our DNA. Personally, this desire of having […]
Last year I wrote an article which included an excerpt from the book, On Your Own in the Wilderness by Townsend Whelen and Bradford Angier. In that article was a quote mentioning the Camp-Fire Club of America (CFCA). I, and my friends who study and appreciate Classic Camping, have seen mention of the CFCA in text […]
I post this as my supplement to Ross Gilmore’s (Wood Trekker) blog article, Trapping and The Modern Woodsman. I look forward to seeing where he goes with the series. My $0.02 First and foremost, it worth reminding, or perhaps enlightening, those opposed to hunting and trapping, that animals in the wild don’t die of old […]
One of the Survival 101 maxims is “Learn my top edible wild plants for survival!” Equipping yourself with this knowledge is empowering according to most instructors, whether it is a fight for survival or a recreational walk through the woods. Whichever experience is being sold, it comes down to being self-reliant. Therefore, many put learning […]
Search This Site
- Survival Entertainment, Friend or Foe? An exclusive interview with Cody Lundin June 26, 2014
- Leave No Trace killed Woodcraft… almost March 2, 2015
- Steven Miles Watts March 22, 2016
- Promoting Outdoor Living Skills January 2, 2015
- Edible Wild Plants for Survival, (Not) So Fast! August 16, 2014
- Ron: You sound like a hunting accident...
- sam robert: I’ll generally be a collapsing blade fellow on a...
- Jim: One issue to note. Many trash bags are treated wi...
- Margie Hunter, TNP board of directors: Your information on the Tennessee Naturalist Progr...
- Megan C: It's strange but I've eaten turtle my whole life...