The word persimmon usually conjurers up one of two reactions when brought up. The most common result is that of the serious pucker factor when tricked into biting into a green fruit. But to those that know, the memory of a sweet, succulent fruit comes to mind. Diospyros virginiana, or commonly known as the American […]
About Dale SpahtDale Spaht's interests are the Outdoors and History, specifically where the two meet. His latest ventures involve woodsmanship and camping in the period from late 19th and early 20th century.
Author Archive | Dale Spaht
So, you’ve come up with an old axe head, or your current axe has a damaged handle, and you want to get it back into serviceable condition. Here are the steps involved in taking this project on. (Figure 1) (more…)
Search This Site
Search this site using the custom search bar below to find anything here
- Survival Entertainment, Friend or Foe? An exclusive interview with Cody Lundin June 26, 2014
- Leave No Trace killed Woodcraft… almost March 2, 2015
- Steven Miles Watts March 22, 2016
- Promoting Outdoor Living Skills January 2, 2015
- Your Guide To Survival Using A Trash Bag June 25, 2013
- Christian Noble: And speaking of E.T. Seton, his grand daughter Jul...
- Christian Noble: Try finding Chad via Facebook...
- Bill Cameron: Fine article, the non-barrel knife Swedish was off...
- RoS lover: Thanks man for this great sharing related to RoS....
- roy jasso: I've been a bushcraft enthusiast since my 20s. i ...
bug repellent bushcraft campcraft Campfire Camping classic camping cody lundin david wescott fire Firecraft flora flower pot mountain guide to survival gypsy jack hiking Homespun horace kephart Joe Flowers Knifecraft leathercraft mark warren Master Woodsman Master Woodsman Training modern survival mors kochanski outdoor survival permaculture primitive skills punkwood self reliance steve watts survival survival gear survival kit survival tips Tim Smith Tinder Tinder Bundle tree id water treatment Wilderness wilderness survival Winter Camping woodcraft Woodsman