by Nick Cesare Lately I’ve heard some talk among my friends about this new trend in outdoor activity called glamping. The term is a portmanteau of “glamour” and “camping” that pretty much is what it sounds like: camping in glamourous or up-scale conditions. Although the term is fairly recent, the roots of glamping stretch far […]
Archive | May, 2016
If you’ve had training in Wilderness Medicine, you likely learned how to do a SOAP Note for assessing a patient’s condition; this note being critical information for you as well as the higher standard of care of a physician once the patient reaches civilization. For those that have not had medical training yet, SOAP is an acronym for […]
by Dayton Pushing my ten year old uncle to spend even an hour outside is an ordeal. He clings to the computer like a security blanket, only it cannot be carried around from place to place. Instead, he remains with it, basking in the blue artificial light, a poor substitute for the sun. Over a […]
Horace Kephart Days 2016 Friday, May 20th (1 to 5 p.m.) Visit with a group of outers in a 1920s demonstration camp. Here, in the woodsmoke, Kephart’s camping and woodcraft skills come to life in their proper setting, the Backcountry Farm of the Schiele Museum in Gastonia, NC. Saturday, May 21st (10 am to 4 […]
This is a follow-up to Chuck’s great article, Battle of the Stoves, of which he really likes the Folding Firebox Nano Ultralight. I have to say I like it as well, but especially after doing my own little comparison to the Vargo Hexagon Wood Burning Stove and a discovery with the U.S. Canteen Cup. I […]
Search This Site
- Survival Entertainment, Friend or Foe? An exclusive interview with Cody Lundin June 26, 2014
- Leave No Trace killed Woodcraft… almost March 2, 2015
- Steven Miles Watts March 22, 2016
- Promoting Outdoor Living Skills January 2, 2015
- Your Guide To Survival Using A Trash Bag June 25, 2013
- Why the GBS with Kochanski and Wescott | Master Woodsman: […] first conversation is a podcast with Mor...
- Kent: The link is no longer working...
- Ross Hinter: Thank you Chris, excellent article. Sure looking f...
- Randy Clark: Can't believe I found this website. I only came ...
- Chad Thomas Colorado: Looking foreword to it!!! I have learned so many s...